I long for simplicity
I wish everything could be simple right now, but it's not. Death is never a walk in the park to deal with. The older I get, the more I think about - things. If I ever get to be as old as my grandparents, I'd want to be just like them. No matter what they're dealt, they've dealt with everything with a great deal of class - most of the time. Grandma always seemed to have everything together and only got frustrated when she got closer to the end, when she was in constant pain. Grandpa had problems at first, when Grandma started to go downhill and he couldn't face losing his lifelong partner, but he always - no matter what - cherished her. The guy I end up with has some pretty big shoes to fill, that's all I've got to say. Their marriage was one of the few examples I've seen of a real Christian marriage - the woman, yes, is told that the husband is head of the household, but everyone always forgets the instructions to the man - that he must love his wife the way that Christ loved the church - that He laid his life down for the church and was a perfect sacrifce for us. I think that men have it harder in that respect. But my grandparents truly cherished each other - and Grandpa - even with his illnesses, still looks for her.
And the Winner Is…
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment