Ok - checking in.
Artist's Way Checkin:
1. Spanish aria didn't get done for the FUUS concert. Long story there. Bummed about that. Ah well - there will be other concerts!
2. The physical part is going ok. I have slip ups, but the big thing there is I just keep putting myself back on track and not letting the little things throw me.
3. The decluttering is going very well. I actually have a scrapbook and a half completed (there are 9 boxes in my parents' basement that I need to go through!) The completed one is one of two for my grandfather, who's in a nursing home battling Parkinsons'. This first is the cards he's received from family members and friends, along with a few newspaper clippings. I'm proud of it!
4. and 5. The writing isn't going as well as I'd hoped, but maybe that's because the decluttering is going so well! I have lots of ideas, and actually have developed two characters since I last posted, so I guess that's something. I find creating characters and really delving into them is good for the acting skills.
6. Got sick. Didn't usher at Syracuse Stage. Sigh.
7. Decluttering was down twice last time? Well, I've done enough to qualify for two checkins on it! Oh - also I've set up binders with show contact sheets, lesson notes, and old teaching handouts, which has decluttered those aforementioned 9 boxes even more!
8. Communion solos through Easter:
Crucifixus (J.B. Fauré)
Seufer, Thränen (J.S. Bach)
Zerfliesse from the St. John Passion (J.S. Bach) - for Good Friday
Rejoice from The Messiah (Händel) - for Easter Sunday
The Viennese concert has been pushed back to May. Music so far: Fruhlingstimme (J. Strauss); Mein Herr Marquis (J. Strauss); Durch Zärtlichkeit (Mozart - Hey, it premiered in Vienna!); Watch Duet from Die Fledermaus (J. Strauss). Debating about others. The 1916 Zerbinetta qualifies here, too. Hmmm.
New concerts: benefit for Oswego Opera: Manon Gavotte (Massenet); Vilja (Lehár); The Girl in 14G (Tesori); Caro nome (Verdi); maybe the Rossini Cat Duet
Atonement: still a work in progress, but it will be culled as much as possible from the other two concerts.
Rosina: Rossini is becoming fun for me. I guess I just wasn't technically ready for him before.
9. Boundaries is a project and a half. It will take time to incorporate into my life, that's for sure.
10. Auditions - had a great audition at Merry Go Round, even if I don't get anything from it. It was a very positive experience!
New goals:
1. Keep decluttering. With this thought, set up binders for vocal studio stuff and classroom stuff. Extra sheets not needed in master binders go into manilla folders.
2. Keep organizing music for the concerts. Get copies to those that need them. Have a concert binder.
3. Wash car and clean out, given decent weather.
4. Continue with exercise program. Wear pedometer everywhere and keep a log. Don't forget to update FitDay!
5. Keep writing - use story blog - even if it's only 15 minutes a day.
6. Scrapbook project. Keep weeding out boxes in the basement. Save good photos to be scanned into computer. Performance photos to archival box.
7. Music: Crucifixus, Rosina, Vilja, Frühlingstimme, Zerbinetta, and arias for demo CD (contact pianists to do demo)
Atonement concert update 02/07:
Jay Berry, Kathy and I: Fledermaus Act I trio for Rosalinda, Adele, and Eisenstein
Kathy and I duo: What You Don't Know About Women
Me solos: Caro nome, Durch Zärtlichkeit, The Girl in 14G - need one more here.
8. Morning pages. Artist's Date. DO Artist's Way!!
And the Winner Is…
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment