I just discovered - rather - confirmed a 10 lb gain via my scale. I am reincorporating the daily discipline of the Beck Diet Solution steps and am looking for prayer/accountability partners (the book uses the term diet coach). Beck Diet Solution is a cognitive therapy based program that teaches you how to think like a healthy/slender person (I've heard skinny, but would rather not go there....) and to prepare your mind and environment to support you in your efforts. I already have my Response Cards - including a list of all the reasons I want to lose weight. Some of these are combined, but I thought 10 reasons would be a good place to start.
Day 1: Why I Want To Lose
1. I'll be caring for the body God gave me - and honoring Him in the process.
2. Relieve health problems that I already have, and minimize the chance I get those I run the risk of inheriting
3. Cut down on medical costs
4. Improve self-esteem and confidence
5. Better singing and acting (and dancing!!)
6. Happier looking in the mirror
7. Career improvements
8. No negative comments from people around me
9. Fit into better clothes
10. Feel more comfortable going swimming
Interesting how these have been reworded and reorganized (#1 was always #1, but the rest have changed, and I realized the reason I don't swim as much as I'd like to is because of how I feel in a bathing suit.
Day 2 Pick Two Reasonable Diets
The step for today is to pick two (reasonable) diet plans. I like the simplicity of Eat to Live: fruit in the am, salads and cooked veggies are unlimited, starches should be 1 c, handful of nuts/seeds. It's a vegan diet, but I'm electing to throw in eggs and fish a few times a week (with room for Mom's turkey soup and things like the *occasional* Sierra Turkey sandwich from Panera). This is at least for now - until I understand my protein needs and (probably more importantly) - I get the cash going from the new job. I've been eating a more Americanized diet than feels right for me lately, and it's showing - not only in the weight gain.
I can do this. I can be healthier. I can be stronger. I can be responsible for my own health future.
And the Winner Is…
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment