Sunday, April 07, 2002

1. Morning Pages - not as well as I had hoped. I keep using things as excuses not to do them. Once. I know from previous experience that they really work, but I need to push myself back into them.

2. This was much easier. I spent the afternoon with a hula hoop, some Play-Doh (thanks to my young cousin) and my parent’s new Jacuzzi. Very relaxing and recharging. I’d forgotten how much fun it is to just play. It’s interesting that The Artist’s Date is easier for me this time, and the Morning Pages are not.

3. Feedback on the intro: I wrote up an index card and stuck it in the pocket of my recital binder “Creativity is our gift back to God”. I like that - it really fits in with my philosophy of music/performance. (Giving to others) The blurts really struck me more than I thought they would - I’ve really slipped here more than I would have expected. The SO has been very patient with me this week and helped me realize when I blurt.

My goals - to finally get my master's degree recital out of the way by mid-June (when the summer recitals happen) and coach the audition package with our local opera co's repeteur so it's really solid for the fall.

No comments: