Thursday, April 18, 2002

This week has really made me see the importance of the Artist’s Date (I’m the ASM for the spring opera production with our local opera company - with little chorus, and the thought that “it would help me learn more about the business”, the AD asked me - he has more faith in me than I do. Fortunately, we have a fantastic SM who has been a great teacher.) This is the first day this week I’ve had time off, so here goes the check in:

1. 3 days of morning pages last week. I’d hoped for more, but such is life. It’s progress.

2. Artist’s date: massage and hair at the spa (the first time I’ve fallen asleep on a massage table in a very long time - does this still count, even though I was unconscious for part of it?)

3. Issues significant to my recovery: working as the ASM has thickened my skin, so to speak. So it has been a good experience for me, as the AD said it would. I’m learning to stand up for myself - and appreciate the other jobs in this business more than I ever have. My desire to sing has also intensified by leaps and bounds - not that it hasn’t been there before, but I know that that’s all I want to do. Does that make any sense?

Exercises from the book: I’m a Blurt Master. I’ve become better about changing that in the last week (and a half!). Favorite affirmation: Creativity is the Creator’s will for me. Favorite exercises: letter writing to my support system (especially my old flute teacher, whom I credit with discovering my performer within.) and the imaginary lives. My favorite imaginary life - a 4 star chef - resulted in baking for the church choir last week, which was greately appreciated!

No comments: