Sunday, June 30, 2002

I’ve decided to browse through Cameron’s “part 2” book “The Vein of Gold”. At least that’s the way the introduction to the book reads. It’s a lot of writing, so I figured I read through to get a gist of it before I decide to use it. But working through Artist’s Way has reminded me how much I loved creative writing as a child.

Morning Pages: 7/7. I’ve really come to realize the importance of the pages over the last weeks. I’ve even
seen a grumpier side of my personality (or perhaps just ignored it before?) on the days I’ve put the pages off until later in the day. That’s a big change from the beginning of our sessions together, when I
could hardly bring myself to do them.

Artist’s Date: An organization field trip. I found a couple of really neat scrapbooks to begin sorting photos along with some neat photo holders - the black corner holders that are so prevailent in antique photo
albums. My sister is really into scrapbooking, so I’m looking forward to her visit this next weekend to get
tips from her. I also had fun browsing through the organizational units for home offices and found a neat
rolling cart with hanging folder attachments and some brightly colored hanging folders to go with it - no
reason to be dull about this! :-) It feels so good to be really organized after a year of unpacking moving
boxes

Issues: My SO and I did a shortened Richard Rodgers gig this week for a charitable organization of which I’ve been a member since I was born. My big triumph: the president, whom I’ve known all my life and looked up to - a real pillar of the community type who can be *very* reserved and is a wonderful musician - actually came up and gave me a huge hug and thanked us after we finished. One of the biggest compliments of my life from one of the classiest people I know.

Goals:
1. Princess Ida (rehearsals start next week),
2. make sure everything’s ready for the drama workshop I’m running at the library next week,
3. practice recital music and aria package,
4. keep exercising (another 2 lbs gone!), and
5. try one new recipe from my Moosewood cookbook collection. I’ve got them - I need to use them!

No comments: