Some people from Hospice were at the nursing home today. They are a wonderful group of people, and Jay is beginning to realize that too. His dad doesn’t look like he’s in much deep pain, but his breathing is labored. He’s a fighter. He knew I was there - squeezed my hand a couple of times. Reached for Jay. And he did see the pictures that Jay brought. Those are the most important I think. That, and the chaplain for Hospice that prayed with us, did some grief counseling, and did a memory “service” - that’s not a mistype - where we shared positive memories of his dad - directed to his dad - thanking him for these things, and she had me sing Amazing Grace - I only did one verse, not being too sure if I should do more. It was enough, I think. They gave him a patch of sorts to help the fluid in the lungs be less bothersome, and it really helped. If anyone reading this wonders about Hospice, do yourself a favor and go check them out. At least the people in Madison County are wonderful, and I’ve heard great things about the group in the Syracuse area as well. I just hope Jay keeps realizing all the people that are out there pulling for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment