More synchronicity for me this week. I was in subbing for my old high school chorus teacher, discovered that she’s doing opera for her next history unit for the Theory I students, offered to come sing for them, and between the two of us came up with a whole lecture recital for me to come in and teach. What a wonderful way to get to practice the audition package!! I’m still toying with a few pieces, but I know it means dragging out Una voce (they’re watching Barbiere!), which is proving to be the kick in the butt I need to get that piece in shape. (It never felt good before). The masterworks concert this year is all in Russian - I’m thrilled because I did my independent study in Russian diction for my master’s degree, so I’ll get to use that for something else besides me, AND so the new language teacher on the faculty who is from the Ukraine and speaks fluent Russian can come in and work with the kids, I’ve offered to cover the class she teaches during chorus in exchange for some Russian coaching. (Keep your fingers crossed on that one!) Sorry for the wordiness, but I’m really excited!!
Other than that, things are going well with AW. Lots for me to think about in all areas of life.
Goals (probably for the next month!):
1. Focus on aria package, including stuff on the back burner
2. Write up mini opera lecture/recital
3. Brush up on outreach programs
4. Send in new apps, keep gleaning addresses from Opera America
5. Actively investigate European auditions
6. Set up time and place for new arias recording sampler
7. Make wedding sampler tape with church organist
8. Investigate new coaches
Anyone with advice on #5, please speak up. Has anyone used the following web site? Is it worth it, or is this something I should do myself?
http://www.musicentral.com/Opera-Singers/
And the Winner Is…
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment