My synchronicity is the most important event of the week for me!
I subbed for an elementary general music teacher on Friday, not expecting much out of the day at all other than the paycheck when I saw the lesson plans. The nurse at the building in question is a long time family friend, so we had lunch together in her office, right off the main office. Some faculty members joined us, so my friend introduced me all around with: “She’s an opera singer.” The other teachers were in disbelief and asked me to sing to prove it - not like people gripe about, but in such a fun way that I put my sandwich down, **And Couldn’t Think Of Anything To Sing**! I asked what they’d like to hear, and one woman requested Schubert’s Ave Maria. I was expecting comparisons to certain classical pop performers, but not the entire office wing becoming dead silent and one woman openly weeping. The third grade class I later had was walking by the office and told me they thought it was the radio or the tv, and I gave my name and contact info out twice for potential wedding gigs. It also hopefully drummed up business for our upcoming outreach program on Harriet Tubman (She Never Lost a Passenger). I love it when this happens!!!
So that’s my favorite TAW story of the week. Things are going well otherwise, and I’m debating about doing a tour audition with Troika for Sound of Music. I don’t want to put the operatic development on hold, since it’s going fairly well right now, but tour money can be good. But I’ve also heard bad stories about some non-union tours - I need to do my research on Troika. Not to mention the thought of Sound of Music for 6 months to a year is not the highlight of my life (although my mother is thrilled to death.)Can you tell I’m really waffling about this? I know, it’s just an auditon with no guarantee of a job, I don’t need to take it, etc - but that’s not the way my folks see it.
Goals for the week:
1. keep up with the exercise cycle/opera videos
2. keep working on the arias to get ready for new demo to send out
3. finish learning Belinda
4. brush up on outreach shows
5. learn new church music
6. keep decluttering
7. more concentrated effort on language tapes
8. Contact accompanist
And the Winner Is…
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment