Saturday, May 25, 2002

It has been an interesting week. I think the financial situation is running a close second to the weight issue. I read the next chapter this morning, and this week is going to be difficult.

Ok, breathe......

Check in:

Princess Ida has been an interesting choice to work on (one of my goals and synchronous moments over the last couple of weeks). My teacher was thrilled with the “Minerva!” aria as it highlights every single thing she and I have been trying to improve yet is simple enough for me to really focus. (and its not my favorite G&S role, I must admit). So this will be a good role for me all around.

Morning Pages: 5. Not back up to 7, but as the song says “There’ll be days like this.....” I’m finding more out through them, however.

Artist’s Date: my huge 2 week Extended Artist’s Date is going well, even with the dog beginning to get hyper over my aunt not being there. It’s some good quality time to just focus. And it’s been entertaining for the dog - like performing a little show for her every time I work on the staging of a piece or the outreach opera. She seems amused. I just can’t do my yoga or Pilates there as she tries to get into my face to make sure I’m ok. At least my home base isn’t that far. In good weather I’ve chained her up and done some of it outside (out of reach of the leash!) No real risks.

Synchronicity: while subbing at the local junoir high, I began talking with some of the teachers at lunch about the shows they have taken the students to see. It has only planted more seeds in the back of my mind about forming an outreach company that does straight plays, and musicals, (possibly opera as well, but the group I’m currently working with has that covered). A huge task, I realize, but something that’s needed in this area. My second one for the week: a friend of mine IM’ed and is looking for a walking partner one night a week. I usually like to exercise alone, but it will also be a good chance to stay connected with this friend and give me some added support on the weight loss thing. She’s a recent single mom and can use all the support she can get as well.

The synchronicity has also triggered the thought of performing the play Shadowlands at a church (or maybe a couple) as a fundraiser for the local food pantry and as a ministry for the bereaved of the area - something my SO and I have tossed around for a few years now and never done.

Issues for recovery: I’ve noticed as the weeks go by, I am watching less and less TV. About the only things I’m still addicted to are MASH and Whose Line. (But I’ve even turned off those on occasion.) More time for me. I like this.

Bummer - recital is put off till fall. Ah well. Hopefully one of these two new accompanists can do it. And I’ll have a couple chances to perform it beforehand.

Report in on my teacher: with the initial biopsy screwed up (they hit an artery going in), the doctors were going to wait (!) to do another one, but a surgeon she has seen before just decided this week to go ahead with a new test. She is more relaxed than I’ve seen her all semester. Keep her in your prayers/thoughts.

This is the best week for my goals so far

**I Lost 5 Pounds!!!**
(and safely this time, I might add!!!)

Coachings have been scheduled, and I have 2 new accompanists to try out.

For this week:
1. Keep working on the weight
2. Keep up with the PT exercises
3. Have all translations polished for recital and have translations and subtexts ready to hand to acting coach. (this is almost done, but I need the reminder at this point)
4. Keep cleaning - get rid of the 5 outfits
And:
5. My big one this week is to get the finances in order - I’m starting over with a brand new check log and have a little notebook set up to log all expenses. I’m also going to be taking all my change and saving it - first in a jar and then in my account. I saw this one on one of the forums over on nfcs.net. Don’t remember which one.

No comments: