Sunday, May 05, 2002

New goals for week 5:

1. Continue working on new arias
2. 7 days of morning pages
3. touch up French art songs for Traveler’s Club lecture-recital
4. schedule and do new coaching time this week

I got 4 days of morning pages! Better than the 3 that’s been my consistent total for the last 3 weeks! Going for 7 this week - I’ve even set up my notebook in advance to give myself a bit of encouragement.

Artist’s Date - the folks were out of the house all day Saturday, so I took the entire day to try out some new yoga tapes and to go birdwatching. I used to spend time in the backyard with one of my grandmothers and haven’t done this since before she became sick (she’s now passed away.)

Syncronicity: at the end of the week I found out that my accompanist and I will be getting paid for the Traveler’s Club lecture recital - I had planned on donating our services, but this will cover at least my accompanist costs, which is nice. And they’ll feed him, to boot. (They offered to feed me, but I told them I didn’t want to do that before I sang - they were completely understanding and now have it in their notes to hold back some food for their singers)

My new tiny change of going more often to the nursing home has been great, other than my aunt going to the hospital with a possible heart attack (false alarm) and pneumonia. I’ll be going in to visit her tomorrow.

Reading Deprivation - I couldn’t totally deprive myself, but I did stop doing the 2-3 crossword puzzles that are in the daily paper (very frustrating!) and held off on any “fun” reading I was ready to start. I used the time to organize the room and do more downsizing - I had saved so much crap in my parents’ attic, its pathetic. I can’t do a total reading deprivation until after school lets out, as I sub, and therefore need to read lesson plans. Sound like a good experiment for a week this summer.

List of Tiny Changes: make sure all books/scores/etc are filed away.

No comments: