Things have been going pretty well for me this week. I did more Morning Pages this week than I did the week before (still not back up to 7, but hey, it’s progress.) I’ve done lots of decluttering. I also had a pretty good lesson with my voice teacher, who was away all summer, and she was impressed with the progress I made while she was gone and liked what the role of Ida did for my voice. It’s nice to be back to a regular lesson, though. I like the extra ear that it gives me. We’re working on arias next week (unless I happen to find out what they want me to sing for that masterclass that our AD wants me to sing). I’ve also got another coaching coming up this Wednesday on the arias package, so I really feel like I’m making progress.
I’ve got the chance to do a huge Extended Artist’s Date for a couple of weeks starting Wednesday - my folks are gone on a cruise (yippie! Good for them as well as for me! They are learning to take time out for themselves as a result of me working through Artist’s Way and sticking to my guns (so to speak) about Time For Me. I’m planning my meals right now - I want to take a day or so to detox and eat as much raw food as possible. I’m going through my Moosewood cookbooks and plan on experimenting with a few recipes.
Other Issues for the Extended Artist’s Date (to keep me honest):
1. walking every am for 30 minutes
2. Try 2 new churches
3. a biggie - TV deprivation
4. no chocolate & a cut down in the dairy again - I had mac&cheese a couple of days in a row and really noticed an increase in stuffiness. I’ve been pretty good - not eating alot, esp. milk since my first go around, and the last couple of days really hit me hard.
Goals:
1. Artist’s Way - keep working on am pages and Artist’s Dates
2. Recital - music every day and call the festival to find out what I’m singing for the master class)
3. Audtions package - coaching and send out apps.
4. Keep exercising
5. run through Boheme music 2x and Papagena 5x this week
6. keep decluttering
7. diet - detox this Wed and Thursday (if anyone has had any experience, I’d love it. I’ve read some web sites, but would love personal advice).
PS - Thinking of the topic for the week, that’s exactly what I did for Ida - gave myself permission to not be perfect. Especially when I saw the toughest reviewer in town in the audience! “Forget it! Go have fun!”
I told myself when I saw her as we walked in. My SO said it was some of the best singing I’ve ever done. :-)
And the Winner Is…
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment