I’m glad to be getting back to the routines after a few days in the big city. (Didn’t get the callback, but made more progress with centering and not freaking out in an audition. And I was early to boot, which was good, as the first person wasn’t even there, and I was ready to go, so I got to sing early. (and 2 pieces - a first! Yeah!)
Goals: slowly interpolate the new arias into auditions. Finish the YAP apps and get them mailed out.
Artist’s Date: more time in NYC for me, even though I was somewhat sick. I also got to do a coaching with a friend from school this Monday. Even though it was career related and with another person, I have to count it, as my SO remarked on how energized I was after I got back. We’re working again on Friday as well, I hope, depending on schedules.
Vein of Gold: some of the exercises have been quite fun - setting up the “Artist’s Altar” (which I think was part of AW, but I’m having a hard time keeping things straight at the moment), including some of the hands-on exercises, like making 2 dolls: one for your creativity doll, and the other a creativity monster: the latter you do to make fun of it - loved this, or possibly destroy it. You make them out of whatever you want, and it doesn’t need to be the traditional image of a doll either. I’m clearing off the top of the dresser and the nightstand in an attempt to create a real sanctuary in my bedroom (the only real room I can use for this purpose). I’ve also come to love the concept of a prayer walk and am walking now more than I ever have, and finding my spiritual “walk” more strengthened as well. I’ve read ahead a bit, and am looking forward to building a “Power Mask” as well. I
know masking can be a powerful tool in acting class, so I’m looking forward to trying that more seriously than I did before. I remember AW referring to being more open to creativity wherever you are, and I had to laugh when I found myself dancing in the grocery store the other day - without being aware I was doing it. (I even made a couple people smile in the process.) I realize this paragraph is kind of haphazard and disjointed, and I apologize for that, but its the way things are coming out - more like our morning pages.
Morning Pages: the most interesting day was on the train going down to NYC: I periodically was looking out the window and out of nowhere, began writing poetry. I haven’t done that in so long, and it felt really good.
MasterPiano App – A Review
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment