Sunday, October 06, 2002

The leaves are just beginning to change here! I had my grandfather outside today, just to look at the leaves outside his nursing home - one of his favorite times of the year, I think. He always would “help” us (we?) grandkids rake up big huge piles to jump in, and we’d have the fun crunching around for a while as he went inside to make doughnuts (fried cakes, really) and fix us hot cocoa if it was cold enough, or fresh cider from the apple orchard up the street.

AW check-in:

The weight: I’ve officially, comfortably gone down a size!! Yeah!!!!

Lots of synchronicity all over the place now that I’m keeping myself open to it. Had a great coaching again - he’s really inspiring. I feel like I’m getting back the soul in my singing - and even challenged to sing some of the rep I’ve been holding off on, fearing (!) it was too big for me.

Oh - and I did pick up the new book - it looks pretty good, but I’m being a good girl and holding off til I finish up Vein of Gold. I also dug out a book that a ballet teacher recommended: A Life in the Arts. Has anyone used it? I only audited the class, so didn’t really go through the book - just danced. Digging it out actually has inspired me to get back to serious dance classes (3 days a week) after a couple of years’ break!

Goals:
Keep up with morning pages/Cameron exercises/spiritualdevelopment and FlyLady routines (my room is now just about overhauled thanks to FL! Yeah!)

Artist’s Date: hiking at the nature center

Exercise: add an early morning walk to the yoga/Pilates tapes

Check out dance classes/private lessons in the area

Have 2 new arias ready for coaching/lesson on Friday. (and keep working on the rest of the package!)

Run Boheme and Flute every day (don’t flip - it’s chorus and Papagena!)

No comments: