Wednesday, November 27, 2002

Just in case anyone is actually reading this thing, Happy Thanksgiving, wherever you are. I realize it's not celebrated outside the US (for the most part), but I'm of the firm belief that with the way the world is today, we need to focus on the things we can be thankful for, rather than all the garbage in the world. Like learning from each other and the way the web has opened that experience up. And the way technology can keep us connected. Cell phones, for instance. With two diagnoses of life-ending diseases on separate sides of the family in the last two weeks, I feel like my focus has been changed. I'm grateful that I'm singing for my living - I can share the important things in life with many different people. Like this week - at the banquet to honor people who had done great things for the city. And *I* got to sing for them to help them celebrate. And singing at funerals I find strangely comforting. I like being able to do things for other people and to help comfort them.