Saturday, November 16, 2002

Maybe I should listen to the dreams I’ve been having - I woke up this morning with a fairly good start on an operatic version of Anne of Green Gables. (of course, the other dream I remember from last night was one where I stepped in at the last minute for an ailing Cervantes in “Man of La Mancha”, but let’s not go there!)Funny thing is, I’ve never really done much composition, only a few arrangements for a bell choir I directed a few years back.

And I’ve had dreams before on, among other things, an operatic version of The Lord of the Rings, with the hobbits as trouser roles (a 21st century Ring cycle, so to speak - sorry - I’ve been punchy lately!) I’ve had so many dreams about performing/working in this business that it’s beginning to get pretty weird.

Thoughts - keep a dream log. See where this goes.

No comments: